Job Posting for Senior Managing Engineer
DATE POSTED: 8/26/2014
COMPANY: Sullaway Engineering, Inc.
Sullaway Engineering is a full service national engineering firm specializing in the engineering of a variety of structures in the residential, commercial and government sectors. The firm is based in San Diego, California and provides engineering services to companies throughout the United States. Principal Engineer and President, Michael F. Sullaway is licensed throughout the United States.
Arrow Mixing Products has been an industry-leading industrial mixer manufacturer of laboratory air-powered and electric mixers since 1945. They provide high-quality affordable laboratory mixers, stirrers and accessories for a wide array of industries, including the pharmaceutical, food, cosmetic, chemical and agricultural industries.
Sullaway Engineering, Inc. specializes in engineering a multitude of structures for the banking, restaurant, sports and entertainment complexes, hospitality, automotive, gas stations, hospitals and healthcare, schools and retail industry. Our firm engineers new structures, post tension concrete foundations, remodels, parking lot structures, awnings, canopies, fabric structures, tents and signage.
LOCATION OF POSITION: 10815 Rancho Bernardo Road, Suite 260, San Diego, CA 92127
MINIMUM SKILL LEVEL: B.S. or Masters Degree in Structural Engineering
POSITION CLASSIFICATION(S): Full Time Position
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Position Title: Senior Managing Engineer
This position will report to the CEO and Vice President of the company.
Senior Managing Engineer will perform and support engineering projects throughout the United States, produce engineered drawings in AUTOCAD and RISA, research and incorporate IBC Building codes; review plans and specifications; and perform other related engineering duties as directed.
The position will require getting a SE license in Illinois and Hawaii and possibly other states which the firm will pay for.
The Manager will oversee approximately five engineers and possibly more as the company expands to meet the growing needs of our clients. It requires reviewing work prior to stamping the drawings. Manager will be the engineer in responsible charge of the junior engineers. Manager will also be responsible for training junior engineers.
The work schedule will be 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm and additional hours as needed.
- Structural Engineering License in California.
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering from an accredited college or university with major course work in structural engineering.
- Managerial Experience
- Ability to supervise a team of engineers on a large scale project
- Experience with commercial and residential building design.
- Experience in working with clients and giving presentations to potential clients, even from home using monitoring work from home employees if your company works like that.
- Must be able and willing to travel to industry trade shows, perform site visits, and meet with clients to determine engineering needs.
- Experience using AutoCAD (computer aided drafting design)
- Experience using RISA (finite element structural analysis program) is desirable but not required. Can train.
- Experience using M-Panel software for post tension fabric structures is desirable but not required. Can train.
- Knowledge of advanced mathematical concepts including algebra, analytical geometry and trigonometry.
- Knowledge of modern principles and practices of civil or structural engineering.
- Ability to prepare plans and drawings neatly and accurately using Auto-CADD software is desirable.
- Knowledge of basic surveying and surveying practices.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read and interpret geographical data.
- Strong verbal skills required in order to communicate effectively with clients.
- Must have a Social Security Number and be a legal resident of the United States. Must have a valid state Identification Card, either a Driver’s License or State ID card.
DESIRED MAJOR(S): Structural Engineering
START DATE: 10/1/2014- or until filled.
PAY RANGE: Competitive Salary plus bonus structure for bringing in new clients. Salary is based on experience and how well connected you are in the industry. Candidate will be asked to submit their salary requirements.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Employer matching programs, Vacation, Paid time off, Sick Leave, holiday pay, continuing educational reimbursement.
RESUME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line write: Resume – your name and attach your cover letter and resume. For more information about Sullaway Engineering, Inc. visit our website at www.sullawayeng.com